Wortley Hall Weddings
23 August 2018
It was originally the ancestral home of the Earl of Wharncliffe and is host to a number of individually designed ceremony and dining rooms, all with original features in keeping with the history and heritage of the building. The Hall is situated within 26 acres of picturesque formal gardens and woodlands which create the most amazing backdrop for wedding photo's.
Our part as a wedding florist, we can deal with all aspects of the Wortley Hall rooms. It has a stunning Library where they hold ceremonies. We can decorate the fireplaces, line the aisle, supply confetti, and create a floral design forthe registry table. Wedding Breakfast's are normally held in the Breakfast hall that showcases a beautiful crystal chandelier. This room when done properly and complimentary to the style of the Hall can look truly amazing, expecially when you hire our very own crystal bases.
The huge fireplace behind the top table looks extravagent when flowers are trailing down. It really adds a splash of colour and texture.
The gardens are tranquil and include the Italianate terracing on the south face of the hall fronted by grassed lawn areas. Perfect for confetti throwing over the newly weds. These are the setting for magnificent displays of Summer bedding in the urns and around the fountain, which brings a spectacular blast of colour during the Summer months. The 11 acres of pleasure grounds really are a sight to visit; with plantings from the 17th and 18th Century, including a hollow Sessile Oak 24 feet in girth and some 500 years old.
It has a beautiful Walled Garden and in the last couple of years the old Walled Kitchen Garden has been given a new lease of life by Heeley City Farm, it is now growing organic fruit and vegetables which are sold in local farmers markets and used in the Hall’s kitchens. Some of the old varieties of fruit trees still remain including a cordon of pear trees, a variety of which (‘Soldat Labourer’) is one of only two examples remaining in the UK.
Top 5 Tips to decorate Wortley Hall for your wedding:
- Don't go overboard with venue styling. The fireplace in the Breakfast room have beautiful fireplaces - use them! They look amazing decorated with flowers and can be used twice, no three times throughout your wedding day (The Library, Beakfast Room, Ball Room)
- Use the gardens and be guided by your amazing photographer
- Be sympathetic to the style of Wortley Hall - you're having your wedding in a beautiful and historic house. Look at the detail and create with this mind. Don't go rustic and completely woody when the styling calls for classic and romantic.
- Gold and Crystal works perfectly when looking at centrepieces, however, simple glass vase arrangements sitting on mirrored plate look equally as stunning.
- Speak to us - we're here to help and guide you. We try to work within budgets and will assist you in your wedding planning.